Who are you? David Wala – I am a music photographer based in Newcastle upon Tyne.
How did you get started? I have been interested in music and photography from as long as I can remember. So decided to turn a hobby into a career.
What’s in the bag? Canon 5D MK II, 24-70mm, 50mm 1.4 and 70-200mm lens
Which photographers do you admire? Music Photographers include Bob Gruen, Danny North, Guy Eppel, Danny Kendall, Ross Halfin, Glen E. Friedman, Ron Pownell and Autumn De Wilde. I love the work of other photographers including the greats such as Walker Evans, William Eggleston, Henri Cartier Bresson – there are so many I am always looking at photography books for inspiration
Your top 3 tips for music photographers?:
- Shoot as many gigs as you can wherever you can.
- Keep practising and learning.
- Never give up.
My favourite shot is? Currently my favourite shot is of Howler playing at the club La FLeche d’Or 26 May 2012 in Paris. I think it conveys the energy of their live gigs
How can we find out more about you and find more of your work?
- Website: www.davidwala.com
- Blog: www.davidwala.net
- Flickr: www.flickr.com/photos/davidwala
- Facebook: www.facebook.com/pages/David-Wala-Photography
- If you would like to commission me for any work please contact firstname.lastname@example.org