Who are you? Hi, my name is Marc de Jong, a photographer based in Dordrecht, Holland. I have been taken pics since the early eighties. The gig photography has been on and off my biggest passion, but the last five years I am more fanatic than ever before, shooting for online music magazines.
How did you get started? I took my first photos from the audience in 1985 at a concert of the Simple Minds in Rotterdam. I smuggled my gear through the security.
What’s in the bag?
- Nikon D300
- Nikon D700
- Sigma 24 – 70mm f/2.8
- Sigma 70 – 200mm f/2.8
- Sigma 2x teleconverter
Your top 3 tips for music photographers?
- Do your research
- Be kind at the venue, you might need a little help from other photographers, security or even the people in the frontrow to make ‘the best shot ever’
- Don´t forget your spare batteries and earplugs.
My favourite shot is? I took this photo in 2008 of the singer/guitarist Ruben Block of the Belgium rock band Triggerfinger. I just love their energy on stage, they have worked very hard the past years and now it´s paying off, this July they are supporting The Rolling Stones in Hyde Park.
How can we find out more about you and find more of your work?
- Website: mdjphotography.nl
- Facebook: facebook.com/marc.dejong.58
- Flickr: flickr.com/photos/photomdj/
Do not use these images without the correct permissions